Legal Aspects of AI in Healthcare
On 16 August 2019, Suzan Slijpen LL.M. had the honour to speak about the legal aspects of the development and use of artificial intelligence (a disruptive technology) in healthcare, at the AI in Medicine Conference organized by the Irish Association of Physicists in Medicine (IAPM). The conference took place in Galway, at the National University of Ireland (School of Physics, NUI Galway/ OÉ Gaillimh). Suzan is a senior legal consultant at AIRecht.nl, and specializes in eHealth & medical devices, pharmaceutical law, European food law and contract law, from an AI helicopterview. She is also founder and lawyer at boutique law office Slijpen Legal.
Key topics of the Artificial Intelligence in Medicine lecture
Key legal topics that Suzan addressed in her Artificial Intelligence in Medicine lecture:
1. AI & Robotics: Disruptive Technologies: Synergetic effects of 4th Industrial Revolution technologies like robotics, big data, quantum computing, Blockchain, Virtual Reality (VR) and Internet of Things (IoT).
2. eHealth and medical devices: legal classification.
3. Fundamental Rights: Safeguarding of Fundamental Rights in AI applications, Rights of Patients.
4. Ethics and responsible AI: 1791 French Revolution Values, HLEG Concept of Trustworthy AI.
5. Intellectual Property on AI and Health Apps: Licensing your IP.
6. Liability for damages caused by smart robots: who is liable for misdiagnosis by an AI algorithm?
7. Legislation and Jurisprudence.
8. AI Impact Assessment: remove roadblocks for AI.
Legislation and regulations regarding AI in Healthcare
Do you want to know more about legislation and regulations regarding AI in Healthcare, or Legal aspects of disruptive tech in Medicine? Or do you want to organize a workshop or conference yourself and invite us as a speaker or teacher? Then please contact us about the possibilities!Read More